Wednesday, March 21, 2012

bumble bee in the kitchen

came flying right past my ear while I was making chicken salad.....it kept trying to get out through the window screen over the sink....I caught it in an empty moonshine jar and put it out the back door....the big kind of bee that bores a hole in a log.....I made about a pint of chicken salad, with onion and sweet pickle relish, curry powder.....I'm low on mayo so I just used some mayo and some ranch dressing.....it's tasty stuff....it will be for lunches this week, on wheat bread.....got a loaf of wheat bread this week, instead of rye....they are messing around inside Bi-Lo like they do in grocery stores from time to time.....putting in new flooring and shelving and moving everything around so you can't find anything....new check-out counters with new screens to use, etc.....but they had good sales on this week....got some steak and some ribs and some fish fillets all marked down to decent prices.....got Granny Smith apples this time, ate the last Empire this morning.....it was warm walking the park, but now some clouds are coming over.....might be thunderstorms in the afternoon.....it's been 55F for my newspaper walk for the last 5 days I think....I'm leaving windows open at night.....I wonder how the bee got in the house in the first place?

1 comment:

  1. I cleaned some strange things out of the fridge and tossed them.....so I'm cooking some spanish rice for supper, to use up the last of the brown rice and some of the salsa....along with 4 oz. of rib-eye, with a chili-pepper rub.....and corn-on-the-cob as a veggie side....I'll probably make a Walmart run in the morning Thursday....toilet items and maybe some kind of rice pilaf thing to go with fish fillet....didn't think to get that this morning.....

    ReplyDelete