Friday, March 23, 2012

lots of birds singing

it's mid-60s and overcast.....but that seems to suit the birds fine, they keep singing.....no rain yet today, but the front might get here with thunderstorms later.....got my walking done for the day.....it was foggy again around sunrise, everything is damp....including the weeds in the yard, so that gives me an excuse not to get out there and cut them.....maybe by Monday it will be sunny and dry enough for that kind of thing.....saw a good NCAA game last night, the Badgers and the Orangemen.....since it doesn't look like it's going to get terribly hot today I suppose I can do the ribs and a potato in the oven late in the afternoon without warming up the kitchen too high.....and I still have corn-on-the-cob for a side......I'll make grilled cheddar on wheat with onion for lunch, as a change from the chicken salad of the last few days.....the curried rice pilaf will be the starch side for some more suppers soon.....I can't seem to get going today.....lassitude might be the right word.....

1 comment:

  1. trying to remember....I think the drill is: in a 350 oven, ribs fat side up and rubbed with oregano in a large iron skillet with a lid....put in a little apple cider vinegar.....give that 45 minutes, and then turn them over and apply BBQ sauce.....another 30-40 minutes or until desired fall-off-boneness.....let sit a little bit before serving, if you can wait for it.....you can bake a potato or two right in the pan along with the ribs, for delicious potato skin....

    ReplyDelete