Friday, March 9, 2012

some progress?

When I got back from washing the car and checking the tire pressure I talked to a guy who is starting to clean up the abandoned house next door that's been sitting there for more than three years....he says that somebody who usually buys old trailers on lots, cleans up the lot, and then puts it on the market has got title to the next door address by paying the back taxes.....the guy said he is waiting for somebody to deliver the dumpster, which they will place on Washington St. Somebody had told me once that there was a 90 day time-frame on a demolition permit, and the guy said that's what he thought too.....the place should be gone before Spring is over.....I went walking over by the mill as usual, and it looks like somebody has something going on in part of the old office building.....windows fixed, trim painted, and power on in the part right across from Red's.....and the parking lot right there is getting cleaned up some, from tree limbs, etc....And coming back to the house I could see that they had cleaned the mud off the street up where they have been working this week....that's good.....progress of sorts in the neighborhood.....I still have some cabbage left, maybe I can slaw it to go with shrimp and grits......

No comments:

Post a Comment