Friday, March 2, 2012

thunderstorm with rain and hail

the thunder started around 4:30 this morning, and about at 5:00 the hail was coming down loudly.....there's a metal cap on the water heater chimney that goes PING when hail hits it.....that went on for 10 or 15 minutes......walking after breakfast it was foggy and humid, 61F.....it's going to be muggy if this stuff burns off and heats us up into the mid-70s again today.....I ate plenty of "Irish boiled dinner" yesterday evening.....and there's plenty left over.....tasty and filling.....I should use up the pork sirloin.....mince it up and heat it with BBQ sauce or perhaps make pork curry over brown rice......can you put squash in a curry? I'll have to google that idea.....bet there are recipes.....some time this month I'll have to work in the yard some.....pick up debris fallen from trees and cut back some shrubs and start grass-cutting season......I need to fix the shed door, it is hanging on one hinge.....get like a gate hinge over at the hardware store.....

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll try curried pork and cabbage over rice noodles.....

    ReplyDelete