Sunday, March 25, 2012

late post today

because I left the house at 8:30 this morning to go over and get Uncle Ed to drive him up to the hospital in Greenville to visit Aunt Addie.....Cindy was there already fixing his breakfast....it took a while to get him up and running....and then he took us some crazy way to where we were going....but we got there eventually.....hit a couple of showers on the road, but his big Buick drives nice, has those automatic windshield wipers too.....a couple of the daughters were there taking turns looking after Addie.....I got a six-inch Black Forest Ham Subway Sandwich in the hospital food court for lunch....with Dr. Pepper as my drink.....the doctor came by eventually and explained that Addie had not had a stroke as was feared, but instead was suffering from low blood oxygen due to an infection and chronic lung problems.....she might be back home OK in a week or ten days.....so I got back to Clinton around four this afternoon after getting Uncle Ed back to Mountville....heated up leftover ribs, potato, corn for Sunday supper.....got Kansas vs. UNC on the TV with the sound off.....took the trash out to the curb.....so I guess I'm about ready to pull my boots off and just kick back now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment