Saturday, March 31, 2012

gutter-washer

slept well with the sound of rain most of the night.....while I was fixin' breakfast it was really dumping down, but by 7:30 when I went out to go get the newspaper it had mostly moved off to the East, so I didn't get wet walking.....but half an hour after the storm the street drains were still gurgling with all the run-off......I forgot butter on Wednesday, so if I want any on my french toast Sunday morning I'll have to go to some store today.....used the last little bit this morning.....it's going to be muggy today, no two ways about it....already feels damp inside the house even....a couple of windows were open during the night .....I can have fish fillets, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans tonight, and then watch that battle of Kentucky game at six......I might go walk around the downtown square area in a while, if the rain holds off....they are going to close the college bookstore on Musgrove, since colleges are moving away from the expensive printed books and just using online texts.....makes sense to me....don't have to carry the things around and then lose money on them at the end of the term.....the bookstore will re-open under different management as a "spirit store".....that doesn't mean bottled spirits, it means stuff with the Blue Hose logo......

No comments:

Post a Comment