Friday, April 6, 2012

cold, wet, windy

I saw a tree down over on Academy when I was driving to get the paper.....but there wasn't any paper....so I'm glad I didn't walk over there in the cold wet and not find the paper there.....maybe the power was out where they print the paper or something....20 degrees cooler today than earlier in the week is the prediction.....on the BBC news weather report this week they have been showing blizzards over much of the country.....Spring break, or Easter holidays as they call it, was snowed out largely.....but in the south of England a "hose pipe ban" went into effect yesterday.....you actually have to take your garden hose and put it in the shed.....the worse drought over there since 1976.....I don't own a hose.....I left one at Lake Wohlford....haven't needed one around here for watering anyway, things grow fast enough without buying any extra water....and I wash the Jeep at the coin wash, with the long handled gizmo.....the BBQ chicken came out just right, moist and juicy and the skin flavorful from the sauce.....and the sweet corn I got earlier in the week is good too....don't know where it's from exactly, they just say that the produce in "grown in the South".....mostly anyway, I guess they count Mexico and South America and southern California as South in some instances.....this corn might be from Florida, 'cause the local corn isn't in evidence yet....so it looks like I'm stuck in the house this morning, with more stormy weather blowing down from the north-east .....could be another nasty day at the Masters down the road a piece from here....

No comments:

Post a Comment