Thursday, April 19, 2012

low skies, mid 50s

It ended up raining pretty much all day yesterday, and on into the night some.....an inch of rain or more in most of the Upstate.....good for the crops.....might get up around 70 this afternoon, and then more rain for tonight and on into the weekend.....I managed to sear that rib-eye just right, pink in the middle....and that was a fairly decent artichoke for the money....though I don't find the real large kind around here like you get in California.....I walked all through the grocery store, trying to see where they moved things....some things didn't move.....all the blue grocery carts have been replaced with green grocery carts? Are they actually new, or just repainted? a mystery.....watched a Jackie Chan movie about the Chinese revolution.....cleaned some things out of the instant queue that had been there a long time but I never got around to watching....the Netflix app on the iPad is easier to use than the program in the Macbook, just touch and go.....I need to vacuum around here looks like, in wet weather I seem to track in more little bits of weeds or whatever....I can go for a walk first.....and I'll get that pork roast in the oven this afternoon....

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to remember exactly how I did the pork sirloin last time, because that was perfect.....this time I think I'll put apple wedges in too....it's just two pounds, so it shouldn't need a lot of time .....little red potatoes in there too....without shame I picked through the potatoes to get the size I wanted.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pork roast worked really well, fork tender....and the gravy tastes like apples...lots of good leftovers.....

    ReplyDelete