Tuesday, December 20, 2011

colorful sunrise

with those scattered clouds to the south and east.....I guess the sunrise is about as far to the south as it's going to get this year.....some moisture is predicted to come up through Georgia this afternoon and evening, it looks like things will stay dry enough this morning for another walk....and later in the day I might drive over to Laurens for some shopping.....gasoline came down ten cents overnight, at least at the Gate, where I go in the morning for the paper....I've still got 3/4 of a tank I think.....it won't use much to run over to Laurens.....I had leftover stew and the last biscuit for supper yesterday.....today I have the last of the pork steak and chili beans to use up, and then start all over with Bi-Lo shopping tomorrow.....Bi-Lo bought Winn-Dixie, a much larger grocery chain....the article in the paper says that this will improve logistics for both brands, or something.....for me it might mean starting to see whatever generics they sell at Winn-Dixie showing up here? The paper also said that two reasons for Bi-Lo's popularity are the senior discount and the fuel discount points.....exactly.....I mean those are big factors for me anyway....plus a couple of my neighbors work in there.....I'll look for some different lunch meat, since I'm down to the last of the corned beef.....maybe deli turkey?

No comments:

Post a Comment