Wednesday, December 21, 2011

raining when I went to sleep

raining when I woke up.....still raining when I went to get the paper, and when I went to get groceries.....raining right now....the windows are fogged up 'cause it's a warm system coming up from down in the Gulf.....on the radar it looks like there's plenty more on the way....so I'm going to eat an apple and read the Clinton weekly paper instead of trying to go for a walk....I got a bag of Gala apples this time.....and I got some "California" mix and some more Traditional Chex Mix and some peanuts and poured them together in a large bowl.....should be enough snack mix to last me until 2012 and beyond.....I also have orange juice, eggs, and bread enough for two weeks I think.....still some stew left, and I got a couple of pork chops, a package of brats, can of fried apples, mashed potato mix, country gravy packet......and such like.....I'll do bangers and a mash with peas for a couple of meals.....pork chop with fried apples and mac-and-cheese twice I suppose....I've got smoked turkey breast deli sliced to order for lunch meat.....they had a good price on that, 5 bucks a pound instead of 7....I asked for 1/2 lb. but ended up with 3/4.....oh well....

1 comment:

  1. the Clinton Chronicle this week had it's annual Holiday Recipe Guide supplement .....this is where folks submit family favorite recipes to be printed in the paper for our edification.....some of these dishes boggle the imagination....it's a fun thing to read....my fave this year might be ambrosia stuffed sweet potatoes....doubt if I'll ever actually cook that, but I'm glad that somebody does....

    ReplyDelete