Friday, December 16, 2011

Shoe Goo

Last time I looked in Walmart they didn't have it anymore....at least not where it had been, with the shoelaces and shoe polish....but I found it this morning in CVS, which is close by.....I had checked on line first for Shoe Goo retailers, CVS was there.....I always wear out the left toe of any foot gear, because my left leg sort of drags.....old nerve damage or whatever.....stayed warm in the house overnight, around 60.....and it's mostly sunny again.....so I don't need to turn on the heat or wear a jacket out walking the park......the stew last night was delicious and hearty, and there's leftovers, of course.....this evening I think I'll iron skillet a pork steak with oregano and BBQ sauce, and have chili beans and a biscuit as the two sides.....I haven't found Ranch Style Texas Beans in my usual market, but these pintos in a chili sauce (the label says "just add meat") are close enough.....I don't add meat, just heat them up ......and then I can alternate stew with whatever up 'til next grocery day......senior discount day is on Wednesdays, because SS shows up on Wednesdays.....mine comes the third Wednesday of each month, which is the 21st this month.....and then after the new year there will be an SS cost-of-living increase.....won't amount to much, but any little bit helps, what with the rising food prices and all.....so Winter starts this Thursday too......

No comments:

Post a Comment