Friday, December 23, 2011

four day weekend?

I didn't realize that's what's going on for lots of people.....this town is deserted.....no traffic to speak of on the streets.....PC beat Navy last night.....it rained yesterday afternoon, and then a real storm came through later at night, about the time I was going to bed....some thunder involved with that one.....those pork chops turned out to be real thick, so I butter-flyed half of one last night and that was plenty of meat.....with mac-n-cheese, and curried baby carrots.....this morning is clear and bright, should be fairly warm again today.....I'm going over to Walmart for a couple of things, and I'll look for some kind of dessert to take to Mountville Sunday afternoon.....cousins coming down from NC to Addie and Ed's.....hopefully Walmart won't be too crazy .....I finished off the tortillas and frijoles for lunch yesterday, so today can be a smoked turkey sandwich....supper can be a bratwurst, mashed potatoes, peas.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to use a "brat " as a "banger" for bangers and mash....which calls for onion gravy.....and I found a recipe for onion soup mix gravy....packet of soup mix, two tbsp flour, two cups cold water....going to try that at supper....

    ReplyDelete