Thursday, December 22, 2011

warm Winter so far

fog, mist, 63 degrees ......was raining a little just before dawn, about the time of the Solstice....so 100% humidity and everything's damp .....I noticed those little carrots still in the vegetable bin....so I guess tonight's menu could change to sauteed carrots, pork chop, mac-and-cheese....I always used to make candied carrots, with brown sugar.....but I don't have any sugar in the house anymore....finished off the stew last night, with a piece of rye toast.....made a sandwich yesterday for lunch with that tasty smoked turkey breast, sweet onion, bread-and-butter pickle slices, a little swiss cheese, and mayo, on wheat berry bread.....two thumbs up .....had the last of the Australian merlot with that, so now I'm back to California burgundy.....should be able to walk again this morning, since the next rain isn't supposed to get here until later today.....in the form of thunderstorms maybe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment