Wednesday, December 28, 2011

icy wind

must be coming over the mountains where they got a little snow lately.....so I'm going to sit and read the Clinton paper instead of going out walking right now....I did get the park walk done yesterday between spells of wind and rain.....and I got my shopping done fairly early today, including the gas station.....I've got food left from last week, so my grocery bill was lighter than usual.....got the stuff for New Year.....got a slice of country ham to flavor my little batch of black-eyed peas....today I'll use up the last pork chop to make pork rice curry with onion and garlic.....got a potato to make a skillet supper with sliced bratwurst, sliced potato, fried apples......got a can of corn chowder for an easy meal one day.....remembered more snack crackers so I can finish off the cheese-ball with champagne staying up late Saturday.....don't know how late, haven't made it all the way to midnight the last couple of years I don't think....so it's clear and bright today, but was freezing at sunrise, and not much warmer now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment