Tuesday, December 20, 2011

complications

As I was coming back from Laurens I was signaling to turn right but the guy waiting at a stop sign didn't go ahead and pull out....so I was wondering if my right front turn signal was working.....so when I got home and checked it, sure enough, it wasn't....so I went and got the bulb for $1.38 and followed the instructions in the Jeep manual for changing the bulb....but it was frozen in there so it broke and I had to get the base out with needle-nose pliers....I got the new bulb in after several attempts and checked to see if it was blinking....it was....then I put the whole assembly back together and checked it again.....it wasn't.....took it apart again and jiggled the wires, etc.....gave up and took it over to Carolina Automotive, where they had fixed an electrical problem one other time....it's over there now and they'll call me when it's fixed....hopefully some time this afternoon....the socket looked somewhat corroded to me .....I didn't think WD-40 was going to fix it either.....that bulb had been in there 8 years that I know of.....on another front, the Clinton City Facebook thing says that there will be no trash pick-up Dec. 26 or Jan. 2.....so the City takes those as holidays looks like.....but my library books are due the 2nd, so the County doesn't? But I can put my trash out on Tuesday instead.....

1 comment:

  1. they called and had replaced the faulty socket so the turn signal works now....I got back to the house just as it was starting to drizzle....

    ReplyDelete