Friday, December 30, 2011

e-reader

Got the Kindle Touch in the mail, and as usual with any new tech toy I couldn't get it to work for a couple of hours since the instructions they give you with such things always assume some steps are obvious, when they aren't to me.......but eventually I got a couple of free books into it and am gradually getting the touch screen to work for me.....colder today than they said it would be, more clouds than they were predicting.....had the last of the smoked turkey for lunch.....walked over to a cafe on Musgrove to use their wi-fi and get a cup of coffee.....the owner there went to Helix High School in Le Mesa, so he never lets me pay for coffee, since Helix and Monte Vista were in the same league back in our school days.....his signal hits out on the sidewalk too.....I just wanted to see how the thing did wireless......I've got leftover pork curry for supper I suppose....just about finished a good Vernor Vinge book.....2:30 and it's getting dark enough from the clouds that I'll need to turn the lamp on to read some more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment